Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lately

 I have been organizing every inch of this place.  Quite literally.  It started with the garage project and then snowballed into a full blown spring cleaning event over the last two months.

Previously I did not get what all the hoopla was with spring cleaning. I'd assumed it was all about vacuuming drapes and washing windows, two things I am not fond of.  But this year I got the bug and decided to donate or sell things that we had not used in the last couple of years.  Amazingly, I stayed pretty strict in my interpretation of that and ended up with a pared down house, a long list of donations, and some extra moola from craig's list to put towards future craig's list finds!  (If I made a list of 5 things that have been super helpful to my homemaking, paring down would be on that list.  I highly suggest it!)

Then, last week I moved outside and set up the backyard for our summer-o-fun that is about to commence.  Job #1 was raking leaves.  Yes, most people do that in the fall... I am a little behind :)
While I was working Dude played with his water table and treked around the yard.  He took the occasional break to go inside for water and after one of his returns outside I forgot to shut the glass door behind him.  So I  proceeded to blow leaves on our patio right into the house without even realizing it :( Argh!  It took me a couple minutes to find it laughable.
Last weekend we visited one of D's new job sites.  It is downtown so I forsee lots of afternoon meet-ups and lots of good excuses to go explore!
In other news, little guy came down with his first illness. I can't believe we made it so long.  In fact, I just thought he was teething but it turns out he had the hand foot mouth virus.
Tired little dude even fell asleep while watching baseball with D on Saturday afternoon.  I can't believe he is old enough to take random cat naps :)

We are looking forward to summer weddings, family reunions, and lots of splash pad visits this summer.  I think it will be lots of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment